Last update: April 2, 2014
This event was a huge crowd pleaser last year so come and watch the axes fly as these men and women try to stick an ax into a log end with a long controlled toss, or watch some fancy footwork from an old favorite, Log Rolling! This was how it used to be done in Valley County. A guaranteed highlight of the weekend, make sure you do not miss even one minute of this event.
Giving a nod to our past, our lumberjack competition will be fast and furious. Last year was the first time in over 20 years that a lumberjack competition came to Cascade. Under the direction of great friends of the park and long-time Cascadeans Tom & Wade Olson, we will be sure to bring down the house with lots of entertainment.
This year we will have:
- Axe Throwing
- Burling Contest (log rolling)
- Others to be announced soon
- Open to all skill levels.
- Total Purse will be $625 for ax throwing and $625 for log rolling
Time and Place:
- The lumberjack competition will be held at the Valley County Fairgrounds in Cascade, on Saturday June 21, exact time to be determined.
Registration and Registration Information: HERE
Raffle Prizes! Win a FREE IPAD 4!
ALL athletes who compete on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will receive a ticket for a raffle that will be held on Sunday during the FINALS. We will raffle off several items to the lucky winner whose ticket number we draw out of a hat. You must be present to win.
- 1 iPad 4
- 1 Glide Custom River Surf Board. www.glidesup.com (stop by Glide Booth to check it out.)
- 1 Hala Gear Peno www.halagear.com/product/hala-peno-inflatable-paddle-board
Also, athletes who compete on Saturday will be entitled to receive a Funday Sunday free beer from Payette River Brewery. Redeemable after noon on Sunday.
We encourage all of you to stay all weekend as we will have other fun things to give away to make sure you have a great time. Thanks for participating in the PRG’s.