Last update: June 18, 2014NEW – Download the official rules (PDF) HERE
Who let the dogs out? Well, we did of course.
One of last year’s favorite events to watch, this year’s Dog Fetch will be even bigger and better as we are adding a second dog fetch event. Dogs of all sizes and shapes are welcome to register for either or both events, which are proudly sponsored by Ruffwear.
This event will be within the play park at Kelly’s where the current is VERY strong. ALL dogs must be very strong swimmers and wear PFD’s, which RUFFWEAR the Dog Gear company will provide. All Strong-water dogs competing in the event will get to take home with them the lifejacket, courtesy of Ruffwear. The dogs and their owners will compete on Sunday June 22 before the large crowds expected at the PRG’s. Registration will be limited to 20 dogs, your dog must sign a waiver and also compete to take home the life jacket.
Last year this fun event was enjoyed by all dogs, their owners and all of the Spectators. We will once again hold this event in the flat-water section of the Payette River on the north end of town. As long as your doggie can paddle and fetch you will love this fun filled event. We will put your dogs to the challenge of who will be crowned “fastest dog” in their weight class. We will have 2 weight classes (>65 pounds & <65 pounds)
Competitors and their handlers will start at the “Throwing Pad”. Handlers will then throw their dog’s favorite fetch toy in the Payette River. Don’t worry, a minimum distance will be established. The fastest dog to fetch their toy, and return it to their handler at the throwing pad, will be declared the winner. it is recommended that your dog wear a PFD. The first 25 dogs to register for this event and also compete will receive a FREE RUFFWEAR interactive floating throw toy called the Lunker . The FREE Lunker toy is lovingly given by RUFFWEAR and will be limited to only the 1st 25 dogs to register. Your dog must compete to take home the toy.
- Bring your dog’s own favorite fetch toy or we can provide a tennis ball
- Keep dogs under control at ALL times.
- Leash is required. We prefer non-retractable leashes or that dogs be kept on a short leash
- Please respect all of the other Dog’s space
- Please remember that this is a fun event.
- Download the official rules (PDF)HERE
- Flat-water Dog Fetch: Saturday June 21 @11.30 AM
- Strong-water Dog Fetch: Sunday June 22 @ 9 AM
- Event organizers reserve the right to change the schedule, please check back with us
- EVERY dog competing gets a rawhide dog bone
- FREE life vests for Strong-Water finishers. See above
- FREE interactive toy for 1st 25 to register for Flat-Water event. See above
- We will have 1 “wild-card” winner who will receive a gift certificate for $150
Flat-Water Gift Certificates will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in both the >65 and <65 pound category:
- First place: $100
- Second place: $ 75
- Third place: $ 50
Strong-Water Gift Certificates will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. there will only be 1 weight class
- First place: $150
- Second place: $ 100
- Third place: $ 50
Registration and Registration Information: HERE
Raffle Prizes! Win a FREE IPAD 4!
ALL athletes who compete on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will receive a ticket for a raffle that will be held on Sunday during the FINALS. We will raffle off several items to the lucky winner whose ticket number we draw out of a hat. You must be present to win.
- 1 iPad 4
- 1 Glide Custom River Surf Board. www.glidesup.com (stop by Glide Booth to check it out.)
- 1 Hala Gear Peno www.halagear.com/product/hala-peno-inflatable-paddle-board
Also, athletes who compete on Saturday will be entitled to receive a Funday Sunday free beer from Payette River Brewery. Redeemable after noon on Sunday.
We encourage all of you to stay all weekend as we will have other fun things to give away to make sure you have a great time. Thanks for participating in the PRG’s.