Last update: June 13, 2014
Dig out the shorts, bikinis, shades, and hats and get ready to watch some of the best local beach volleyball players dig, bump, set, and spike their way to beach volleyball supremacy. Last year’s competition was won by AXE WOUND, a team made up of 3 players from Boise and 1 from Missoula, MT. Will they be able to defend their championship this year or will they be overthrown?
Teams will battle it out on our beautiful riverside court, surrounded by comfortable grassy seating, for beach volleyball supremacy. Rally scoring will be used, to ensure a rough and rowdy, scoring on every serve, crowd-pleasing event. The competition will be led by the legendary Dave Saunders, 2 time Olympic Gold Medalist – Dave Saunders – Wikipedia.
- Max 4 players on court (6 on roster)
- Minimum 2 females on the court
- Maximum 8 teams
- 1st Place: $1,000
- 2nd Place: $750
- 3rd Place: $300
- Play will begin on Saturday morning with Finals on Sunday
- Download the Schedule and Pool HERE
Dave Saunders Clinic:
Dave Saunders will hold a Volleyball clinic during the games, please come out to see the action and surprise.
- Learn from Dave Saunders and his team of special surprise guests.
- Take photos with 1984/1988 Olympic gold medals
- Learn the fundamentals of volleyball.
- Limited to 16 participants, ages 8-14 suggested
Registration and Registration Information: HERE
Raffle Prizes! Win a FREE IPAD 4!
ALL athletes who compete on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will receive a ticket for a raffle that will be held on Sunday during the FINALS. We will raffle off several items to the lucky winner whose ticket number we draw out of a hat. You must be present to win.
- 1 iPad 4
- 1 Glide Custom River Surf Board. www.glidesup.com (stop by Glide Booth to check it out.)
- 1 Hala Gear Peno www.halagear.com/product/hala-peno-inflatable-paddle-board
Also, athletes who compete on Saturday will be entitled to receive a Funday Sunday free beer from Payette River Brewery. Redeemable after noon on Sunday.
We encourage all of you to stay all weekend as we will have other fun things to give away to make sure you have a great time. Thanks for participating in the PRG’s.